Bilt Hamber Deox Gel Rust Remover Treatment 1kg
Deox-gel is a viscous, highly thixotropic, rust remover, designed for corrosion removal on surfaces or objects too large to submerge in a bath of our Bilt Hamber Deox-C. Along with the viscosity builders and preservatives, the active agents in Deox gel are harmless, non-toxic and biodegradable.
Abrasive cleaning methods such as grinding, sanding or blast-cleaning will remove sound steel surrounding corroded areas. The risk of grit inclusion resultant from blast-cleaning, has been proven to cause early coating failure, corrosion and mechanical wear.
Slag-based blast cleaning media all contain heavy metals which, when used in open-nozzle blast-cleaning equipment, liberate dust that may contain harmful levels of these elements.
Use of Deox Gel will eliminate the risk of distortion to thin steel sections, which can result from the blast-cleaning process.
How To Use
1) This medium to heavily rusted steel plate has been degreased with a water-based
degreasing agent, here our Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD is ideal.
2) Deox-Gel is a thick paste designed to create a deep coating that de-rusts items too
big to soak in a Deox-C bath.
3) Here a brush is used to smooth the Deox-Gel across the rusted surface, although a
spatula or piece of cardboard are excellent to use. The gel MUST remain in a thick even
layer; brushing out to a thin coat must be avoided.
For very large areas pressure pot spray systems can be used.
4) The applied Deox-Gel is covered with plastic wrap to assist in the retention of moisture –
heavy corrosion needs a long dwell time and the product must stay wet.
5) After 12 hours undisturbed the plastic film can be removed – the gel has darkened
through corrosion absorption. A steel rule is used to push back the gel layer, demonstrating
the effectiveness of deox-Gel.
6) After a scrub with a stiff plastic-bristled brush and plenty of water the treated area is clean
and ready for protection.